The GBAHB offers members the opportunity to get an edge on their competitors by being “in the know” and marketing your professional credentials. The Association gives you the tools you need to stay up-to-date on the latest in building codes, sales & marketing, safety compliance, and construction trends. Members can plan their business strategies for the year by gaining exclusive information at the annual Housing and Construction Forecast. In addition, the GBAHB offers local courses for members to earn national designations like Certified Graduate Builder, Certified Graduate Remodeler, Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist, Certified New Home Sales Professional, Certified Green Professional and more.
Muddy Boots Builder Education
The GBAHB offers monthly breakfast meetings for builder members only. At each meeting builders enjoy breakfast and a brief educational session on an industry-specific topic that they can immediately put to use in the field or office. The Muddy Boots program gives builders the opportunity to meet other builders and learn more about the industry as a whole. Just a few examples of recent topics include:
• Current Birmingham Metro Area Housing Numbers
• Slab Foundations - Which one works best?
• Builder/Architect Copyright Concerns
• Future of Energy for New Construction
General Membership Meetings
The GBAHB offers General Membership Meetings for members to gain valuable knowledge on topics important to the home building industry. These meetings typically draw large crowds of builders and associates and provide the perfect opportunity to network and learn more about other GBAHB members. Previous program topics and themes have included:
• Managing Your Online Reputation
• The Future of YOUR Association
• A Night at the Ballpark - Barons Game at Regions Field
• Associate Appreciation Night ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
A nationally-recognized professional designation says a lot about you. Professional designations offer excellent opportunities to improve your skills, advance your career, and be recognized for your commitment to professional growth. Investing in your professional development makes you better at what you do. And, properly marketed, these credentials also can give you a competitive advantage over many of your competitors. Whether you’re looking to advance in your career or gain additional knowledge about a particular topic, NAHB Education offers a wide-range of learning options.
Certified Graduate Builder (CGB)
• CGB is an exclusive professional designation designed to emphasize business and project management skills.
Certified Graduate Associate (CGA)
• Learn about the home building business from the best source possible: builders and remodelers with years of field experience. Earned through classroom instruction, the CGA designation affirms your level of industry knowledge and your commitment to your professionalism in the building industry.
Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR)
• The CGR program addresses the core areas of remodeling business management. The designation enhances remodelers’ professional credibility by clearly identifying those who demonstrate exceptional business management, integrity and a solid track record of consumer satisfaction.
Certified New Home Sales Professional (CSP)
• The first designation available through the Institute of Residential Marketing (IRM), the CSP program is designed to help specialists in new home sales enhance their professional image, increase their marketability in the home building industry and sell more homes.
Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS)
• Developed in conjunction with AARP, this NAHB program helps industry professionals enhance their technical, business management and customer service skills to compete in the seniors’ housing market. The course provides practical and market-specific information about working with maturing adults, the fastest growing segment of our population.
Graduate Master Builder (GMB)
• The courses in this series are advanced level with in-depth instruction geared toward experienced building professionals. If you are a CGB or CGR - or have 10 years of building industry experience - you owe it to yourself to explore this next step of professional credibility.