Welcome to the Job Board! This free posting service is offered exclusively to members of the GBAHB in an effort to better assist in the hiring process. If you are a member looking to fill a position, simply send a job description and contact information to KatieS@gbahb.com
Superintendent: The Builders Group
The Builders Group is searching for an experienced Superintendent to head up Birmingham Operations. They currently have two large projects in the works and need this person to start immediately.
They are looking for someone with:
Min. 5 years construction experience
Min. 2 years construction supervision experience
Competitive salary and benefits. Flexible environment. Must be self-motivated.
Contact Brock Corder for more information: 205-886-1011
Outside Sales Rep for the Greater Birmingham Area needed.
Classic Closets is searching for a self-motivated salesman with great communication skills. We are willing to train a gregarious candidate who is able to achieve goals set by themselves and our company. No sales experience required but preferred. Please send all resumes to Barry Tidwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (205) 486-9570.
Title: Outside Sales Rep
Company: Classic Closets
Contact: Barry Tidwell at email@example.com or fax to (205) 486-9570.
Company: Surface One
Contact: Bruce Land at 205.621.1125 ext. 301 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Assistant Estimator/Purchaser
Company: Harris Doyle Homes
Location: 3112 Blue Lake Dr. Birmingham, Al. 35243
Harris Doyle Homes is a leading residential developer and Birmingham area new home builder known for our cutting edge style and impeccable customer service, but it’s mostly our people that set us apart. Our experienced team strives to create value for our customers by designing new homes that fit each unique lifestyle and neighborhoods that stand the test of time.
The role of Assistant Estimator/Purchaser encompasses a variety of tasks to be completed in a timely and efficient manner. Strong communication skills and a willingness to learn “how we build homes” are necessary for success in this position. The Assistant Estimator/Purchaser is required to operate computer software to include Microsoft Excel, Outlook (email), Bluebeam and HomeDev project management software. The person in this position needs to be tech savvy with phone, Internet, text and computers in general. We will provide software specific training on Bluebeam and HomeDev software. The Assistant Estimator/Purchasers primary role will be issuing and tracking variance purchase orders, basic estimating as well as coordinating and submitting building permits. This position will be based out of our home office with some out of office requirements (jobsite visits, deliver permit packages, etc.).
- 2-4 years’ experience in a residential construction (preferred but not required)
- High school level
- 2 Year College level (preferred but not required)
- Strong communication skills to confidently explain information and converse with other Harris Doyle employees, our subcontractors/vendors and homeowners.
- Organizational skills to effectively process all job requirements in a timely manner.
- Self-confidence to take the initiative to approach builders, subcontractors and vendors about errors or improvements that need to be addressed.
- Computer skills to include phone, internet, text, computers and software in general.
- Achievement-motivated to work with Harris Doyle Homes to set and surpass realistic goals
- Office environment
- Jobsite visits on a regular basis
- Shared office space with our Estimator/Purchaser.
- Estimated 80% of your time will be in office.
- Developing a good relationship with our builders is necessary!
- 10% of your time will be visiting our jobsites.
- Proper attire for jobsite visits required.
- Permit Submission
- Regular trips to the different city building officials offices to submit permits.
- 10% of your time will be devoted to permits.
- 8-hour (additional hours are expected when we get busy)
- 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Monday to Friday
- Assistant Estimator/Purchaser shall be the “on-call” estimating employee for field emergencies
Harris Doyle Homes would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Harris Doyle Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
Gregg Black: Comptroller-Chief Operation Officer
- Comptroller-Chief Operation Officer with company oversight, committed to cost-effective management of resources and quality performance.
- Ambitious Construction Manager- who creates strategic alliances with organization leaders to effectively align with and support key business initiatives. Builds and retains high performance teams by hiring, developing and motivating skilled professionals.
- Visionary Operations Executive with solid experience managing all levels of multiple projects including budgeting and administration.
- Accomplished Executive with demonstrated ability to deliver mission-critical results.
- State of Alabama Licensed Residential Home Builder/Remodeler #14242
For complete resume, please email KatieS@gbahb.com